THE BLOGGER HERSELF

Monday 29 April 2013

GIVING BACK :)

On Saturday I visited a home for under privileged children and trust me I think it was a trip I will never forget. 
At first when I arrived I was just like ok, what do I do now?  But after a couple of minutes the kids start warming up to me.
At entering the property the first thing I could see were the buildings and trust me when I saw them the only thing I could say was wow. The buildings were surely not the best. I was trying so hard for the visit not to seem like I was just pitying them which I am sure people do every time they visit and the children really don't like it. I mean wouldn't you want to be seen as an equal so, I tried my best not to pity them and feel sorry for them.
 They were so sweet...they wanted to hug you and hold your hand which just melted my heart.
And even though some of the boys were literally rude to me it was still good and they enjoyed the cupcakes I made for them. 
Trust me everyone when that little boy said a rude comment to me I was about to leave, because I am saying that I am trying to do something nice and you are behaving like that. But...by the grace of God I kept my cool and I enjoyed my day. I was even ironing clothes :)

It is a great feeling to truly give back. So I am encouraging even give back in anyway you can you will never regret it.
I am planning a trip to go there again so, if anyone is interested in coming along or donating email me at tonishaepaton@gmail.com

XOXO

TONI-SHAE PANTON (JAMAICAN BEAUTY)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is he the right guy for you?

If you are courting, in a relationship or even dating we ask ourselves 'is this person right for me' at least once in that re...